和谐英语

牛津书虫系列《小妇人》Chapter6 附中英双语文本

2013-07-19来源:和谐英语
6 Amy in trouble
6 艾米遇到麻烦
'Where are you going?'Amy asked Meg and Jo one afternoon .'I want to come,too.'
“你们上哪儿去?”一天下午艾米问麦格和琼。“我也要去。”
'You can't, dear, you're not invited,said Meg.
“你不能去,亲爱的,你没被邀请,”麦格说。
'You're going somewhere with Laurle, I know you are!'
“你们是和罗瑞一起出去,我知道!”
'Yes, we are,'said Jo.'Now stop annoying us.'
“是的,”琼说,“别烦我们了。”
'You're going to the theatre!'Amy said suddenly.'I want to go With you!'
“你们是要去剧院,”艾米突然说,“我要和你们一起去!”
'We could take her,I suppose,'began Meg.
“我想我们可以带上她,”麦格说。
'No,Laurie only invited us,'said Jo.
“不行,罗瑞只邀请了咱们俩,”琼说。
'I shall go,'shouted Amy.'Meg says I can.'
“我就要去,”艾米喊道,“麦格说我可以去。”
'You just stay where you are!' said Jo, angrily.
“你就呆在那儿!”琼生气地说。
'I'll make you sorry fof this, Jo March!'Amy shouted,as Meg and Jo left the house.
“我会让你为此感到后悔的,琼·马奇!”麦格和琼离开家时艾米大声喊道。
The two older sisters enjoyed themselves at the theatre, but Jo couldn't stop worrying as she wondered what Amy would do to 'make her sorry'.
两个姐姐在剧院很开心,可琼不停地担心,她纳闷艾米会用什么办法来“让她后悔”。
She found out the next afternoon.
第二天下午她就知道了。
Beth,Amy and Meg were sitting together when Jo ran into the room.'Has anyone taken my notebook?'Jo asked.
白丝、艾米和麦格坐在一起,此时琼冲进房间。“谁拿了我的笔记本?”琼问。
Meg and Beth said 'No'at once, but Amy said nothing.
麦格和白丝立即说:“没拿,”可艾米没作声。
'Amy,you've got it,'said Jo.
“艾米,是你拿了,”琼说。
'No,I haven't,' said Amy.
“不,我没拿,”艾米答道。
'That's a lie!'said Jo.'Tell me the truth, or I'll make you!'
“你说谎!”琼说,“告诉我实话,否则我会逼你讲!”
'Do what you like,'said Amy.'You'll never see your stupid book again,because I burned it!'
“随你的便,”艾米说,“你永远也不会见到那个讨厌的笔记本了,因为我把它烧了!”
Jo's face went white.'What! But I worked so hard writing my stories!'
琼的脸变得惨白。“什么?我那么努力地写我的故事!”
'I said I'd make you sorry,and I have!'said Amy.
“我说过会让你后悔,现在我做到了!”艾米说。
Jo jumped at Amy and shook her shoulders.'You wicked,wicked girl!'cried Jo.'I'll never,ever forgive you!'And she ran out of the room.
琼跳过来摇晃着艾米的肩膀,“你这个可恶透顶的孩子!”琼喊着,“我永远永远也不会饶恕你的!”然后她就跑出了房间。
Mrs March came home and heard the story.
马奇太太回到家里听说了这件事。
'Oh, how could you do that, Amy?'she said.'That was Jo's book of stories.She wrote them all herself,and was hoping to make them good enough to print.'
“噢,你怎么能那样做呢,艾米?”她说。“那是琼的故事书。那些都是她自己写的,她期望有一天把它们修改好了能够去发表的。”
Slowly,Amy began to understand the terrible thing she had done, and started to cry.Later,when Jo appeared for tea,Amy begged her sister to forgive her.
慢慢地,艾米开始意识到她所做的事情有多糟,她开始哭起来。后来,当琼来喝茶的时候,艾米请求她姐姐原谅她。
'I shall never forgive you,'Jo answered.
“我永远也不会原谅你,”琼回答。
It was not a happy evening, and when singing time came,Jo remained silent. Afterwards, she kissed her mother and said'Goodnight'.
那天晚上很不愉快。当唱歌的时间到了的时候,琼默不作声。后来,她吻了吻母亲说:“晚安!”
'My dear,don't go to bed feeling so angry with your sister,'whispered Mrs March.
“我亲爱的,别带着对你妹妹的怨情上床,”马奇太太小声说。
'I'm sorry,Mother,I can't for give her,'replied Jo,Next day, Jo wanted to get out of the house, so she picked up her skates and went next door to ask Laurie to tske her skating.
“抱歉,妈妈,我不能原谅她,”琼回答。
Amy heard them going.'Jo promised to take me with her next time!'she complained.
第二天,琼想要出门,于是她拿起她的冰鞋到隔壁去叫罗瑞带她去滑冰。
'It's hard for her to forgive you,Amy,'said Meg.'Go after them and wait until Jo is enjoying herself,then give her a kiss or do something kind.'
艾米听见他们出去了。“琼答应过我下次带我去的!”她抱怨说。