和谐英语

VOA常速英语:Rays of Hope

2020-07-09来源:和谐英语
One of the projects were going to continue to work on is the COVID memorial
我们将继续坚持的一个项目是纪念新冠疫情。
in looking at ways of how we can create projection memorials in places.
我们在研究如何在一些地方进行投影式的纪念。
It really helps serve a purpose.
这种方式确实可以达到纪念的目的。
Unfortunately, because of COVID-19, people cant be around each other.
不幸的是,因为疫情,人们不能相聚在一起。
And it makes it really hard to mourn the loss and to mourn the death.
所以我们很在一起难悼念死者和逝者。
We do this part of these projections with this group thats doing this COVID MEMORIAL.
我们在和《纪念疫情》小组一起完成投影的这一部分。
So, Ive taken the content that they have and Ive been using that to project onto buildings.
所以,我收集了他们提供的内容,任何把这些内容投影到建筑物上。
And thats photographs of people whove died from COVID
这些是在疫情中逝去的人们的照片,
and words from their loved ones.
还有他们挚爱的人留给他们的话。
My name is Robin Bell.I am an artist and filmmaker in Washington, DC.
我叫罗宾·贝尔。我是一名在华盛顿的艺术家和电影制作人。
My specialty is projection art.So, I do projections on buildings, museums, galleries.
我的专长是投影艺术。所以,我会在建筑、博物馆和画廊上投影。
I do it with music.We also do projections all around the city,
同时还会配乐。我们也会在华盛顿中、
all around the country and some international projections as well.
在全国各地甚至是其他一些国家中进行投影表演。
COVID-19 is definitely, like most people in this country, it has directly impacted the work we do.
新冠疫情绝对是,全国大多数都一样,直接影响了我们的工作。
Every event that we have, you know, set up has been either cancelled or postponed.
我们筹备的每一个活动要么取消,要么推迟。
The best you can tell now, you know,
现在最能肯定的是一件事就是,
its going to be a long time before we get that kind of work back.
要过很长一段时间,我们的工作才能恢复。
Its like somewhere between 10 and 30 seconds delay.So, I just zoomed out a little bit.
好像有一个10秒到30秒之间的延迟。所以,我就把镜头拉远了一点。
Let me know if thats good and I can go more if you want.
如果可以了的话就告诉我,我还可以再拉远一点。
We now do projections in my studio just out the window in Washington, DC.
我们现在在华盛顿特区工作室的窗外进行投影。
We do this because we love to do it
我们做投影纯属是出于热爱,
and because we know it is an important service for the community that we live in.
我们知道这是对我们所在社区的一项重要服务。
Weve done some projections that were as simple as WASH YOUR HANDS.
我们之前做过一些简单的投影,例如勤洗手。
With COVID-19, most of our work now is online.Thats where most people will see the work we do.
由于新冠肺炎,我们现在的大部分工作都是在线完成的。大多数人也是在网上看到我们的投影的。
We have a Twitter.
我们有一个推特账号。
We have an Instagram and Facebook.
我们也有Instagram和Facebook账号。
Yeah, excited to show you some stuff. So, this is what we are doing right now at this very moment.
很高兴能给大家展示一些我们的作品。所以,这是我们现在正在做的投影。
We get comments in real time especially when were doing Facebook Live or a live stream.
当我们在Facebook上或其他平台直播时,我们能收到很多实时评论。
People would give encouragement or would give some suggestions.
人们会给予鼓励或建议。
Its pretty amazing.
这种感觉真的太棒了。
Its pretty awesome to be able to share it with people who are also stuck at home as well.
能和同样困在家里的人们分享我们的成果,真是太棒了。
Yeah, I mean, I guess at some point I can, I can zoom in.
是的,我是说,我想在某个时候我可以把镜头拉近。
I think its really important to continue doing what we do,
我认为坚持我们在做的是很重要的,
even though we cant be on the street the way that we were used to.
即使我们不能像以前那样走在大街上。
I also get a lot of comfort and solace when we create a really good projection
当我们制作一个非常好的投影时,我也感到安慰和欣慰,
that makes people feel better or that really shows something.
因为这些投影让人们好受一些,或者真正展示了一些什么东西。
So, I quite enjoy doing what we do.
所以,我很享受我们的工作。
And if it works well, I get a lot out of that.
如果效果好的话,我会从中受益匪浅。