和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 新概念英语 > 新概念英语第二册(美音版)

正文

新概念英语美音版第二册:Lesson 87 A perfect alibi

2012-10-12来源:和谐英语

Lesson 87 A perfect alibi
极好的不在犯罪现场的证据

First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
What was wrong with the man's story?
'At the time the murder was committed, I was travelling on the 8 o'clock train to London,' said the man.
“在凶杀发生的时候,我正坐在8点钟开往伦敦的火车上。”那人说。
'Do you always catch such an early train?' asked the inspector.
“您总是赶这样早的火车?”探长问。
'Of course I do,' answered the man. 'I must be at work at 10 o'clock. My employer will confirm that I was there on time.'
“当然是的,”那人回答。“我必须在10点钟上班,我的雇主会证明我是按时到了那儿的。”
'Would a later train get you to work on time?' asked the inspector.
“晚一点儿的车也能送您按时上班吗?”
'I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.'
“我认为可以,但我从来不乘晚一点儿的车。”
'At what time did you arrive at the station?'
“您几点钟到的火车站?”
'At ten to eight. I bought a paper and waited for the train.'
“7点50分。我买了张报纸,等着车来。”
'And you didn't notice anything unusual?'
“您没有注意到有什么异常情况发生吗?”
'Of course not.'^“当然没有。”
'I suggest,' said the inspector,
“我提醒您,”探长说,
'that you are not telling the truth.
“您讲的不是实话。
I suggest that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train, but that you caught the 8.25 which would still get you to work on time.
您乘的不是8点钟的火车,而是8点25分的,这次车同样能使您按时上班。
You see, on the morning of the murder, the 8 o'clock train did not run at all.
您看,在凶杀发生的那天早晨,8点钟的那次车根本没有发。
It broke down at Ferngreen station and was taken off the line.'
它在芬格林车站出了故障而被取消了。”