1. quotation= a sentence or phrase from a book, speech etc which you repeat in a speech or piece of writing because it is interesting or amusing 引言n.
2. exemplify= example=case=instance=to be a very typical example of something=to give an example of something 例证 v.
3. explain=tell=say what/why/where etc=show=demonstrate=go through=throw/shed light on=set out解释v.
4. outline= to describe something in a general way, giving the main points but not the details概述 v.
5. purpose=aim=point=idea=objective=object=goal= target=end目的 n.
6. encourage=persuade=persuasion=get somebody to do something=influence=encourage=talk somebody into=put somebody up to鼓励 v.
7. loan= an amount of money that you borrow from a bank etc. 贷款 n.
8. poverty= being poor贫穷n.
9. crime= illegal activities in general犯罪 n.
10. reject=to refuse to accept, believe in, or agree with something 拒绝 v.
11. employ=give somebody a job=take on=engage= appoint=recruit=sign up雇佣 v.
12. courier=a person or company that is paid to take packages somewhere快递员 n.
13. storage=keep=store=keep something in storage=preserve 存储n.
14. facility=rooms, equipment, or services that are provided for a particular purpose 设备n.
15. ambitious=ambition=power-hungry/power-mad=competitive= determined to be successful, rich, powerful etc.有志向的，雄心壮志的 adj.
16. effort=to try very hard to do something= attempt=campaign=drive努力 n.
17. feature= a part of something that you notice because it seems important, interesting, or typical;a part of the land, especially a part that you can see: a part of someone's face, such as their eyes, nose etc特点 n.
18. planet= the world=earth/Earth=the globe 地球 n.
19. uNPRedictable=can't say/tell=unforeseeable=it remains to be seen 无法预测的 adj.
20. machinery=machines, especially large ones= a system or set of processes for doing something=machine=device=robot=appliance=mechanism 机械 n.
21. ultimate=someone's ultimate aim is their main and most important aim, that they hope to achieve in the future= final最终的，根本的 adj.
22. atmosphere= the feeling that an event or place gives you= the mixture of gases that surrounds the Earth气氛; 大气n.
23. occur=happen=take place=there is=come about=come up=turn up=arise=strike发生v.
24. expand= get bigger=grow=swell up=stretch扩张，扩大v.
25. form= type= way something is/appears=shape形式 n.
26. emerge=appear=become visible=come into view/come into sight=come out=reappear 出现 v.
27. emit= to send out gas, heat, light, sound etc 发出，放射 n.
28. situation= circumstances=position=case=plight情况，状况 n.
29. self-conscious=worried and embarrassed about what you look like or what other people think of you自觉的 n.
30. generate= to make someone have a particular feeling= form=produce=create 产生 v.
31. various=there are several different types of that thing=different=a variety of something=differing=varying=an assortment of something=assorted=a mix of something=a mixture of something各种各样的 adj.
32. convenient= a thing or way of doing something that is easy and quick; a time or arrangement that is convenient 方便的 adj.
33. objective=impartial=neutral=not take sides=unbiased=disinterested客观的 adj.
34. enquiry=investigate=make inquiries/enquiries=go into=probe=look into=solve=be under investigation 调查
35. observe=notice=can see/can tell=see=spot=detect=note become aware/conscious=catch somebody's eye=perceive观察 v.
36. comment=remark=thing to say=point=statement= announcement=declaration=observation评论
37. include=consist of=comprise=be composed of= be made up of包含，包括 v.
38. focus on=deals only with=concentrate专注于 v.
39. affect=have an effect=have an impact=take effect= make a difference=impact影响 v.
40. gained from=come from=be based on=originate= go back to=have its origins in=have its roots in=derive from/be derived from=develop from/evolve from产生于…. V.
41. concern=worry=stress=anxiety=strain= a feeling of worry about something important关心，担心n.