英语文摘:Xi extends condolences to Pakistani president over severe terror attack in Peshawar
BEIJING, Feb. 1 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping sent a message of condolences to his Pakistani counterpart, Arif Alvi, on Wednesday over the severe terrorist attack in the country's northwestern city of Peshawar.
In his message, Xi said that upon learning of the severe terrorist attack, which has caused heavy casualties, in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, he would like to express deep condolences over the fatalities and offer sincere sympathies to the injured and the bereaved families on behalf of the Chinese government and people.
China opposes any kind of terrorism and strongly condemns the incident, Xi stressed, adding that China will continue to firmly support Pakistan's efforts in pushing forward its national counter terrorism action plan, safeguarding social stability and protecting people's safety.
Xi said China stands ready to advance anti-terrorism cooperation with Pakistan, and work together to maintain peace and security in the region as well as the world at large.
Also on Wednesday, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang sent a message of condolences to Pakistani Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
- 英语文摘:Xinhua Headlines: "Water tower" witnesses China's decades-long ecological effort
- 英语文摘:Xi Focus: Xi stresses efforts to accelerate establishment of new pattern of development
- 英语文摘:President of 77th Session of UN General Assembly to Visit China
- 英语文摘:Xi's article on full, rigorous Party self-governance to be published
- 英语文摘:Xi signs order to promulgate regulations on honors for servicemen
- 英语文摘:Xi congratulates Bob Dadae on re-election as governor-general of Papua New Guinea
- 英语文摘:Xiplomacy: China, LAC countries embrace new era of win-win cooperation
- 英语文摘:President Xi delivers video address at CELAC 7th summit
- 英语文摘:Xi Focus-Closeup: A Chinese New Year tradition
- 英语文摘:Xi Jinping unanimously elected deputy to 14th NPC