欧美文化:NASA releases climate strategy
LOS ANGELES, March 29 (Xinhua) -- NASA released its climate strategy on Wednesday in an effort to expand agency-wide efforts to counter climate challenges.
The strategy assesses NASA's climate portfolio across the agency for the first time, extending beyond science and exploration efforts to include every mission directorate and NASA facility.
The strategy lays out four key priorities for the agency to aide with the integration of climate across NASA: innovate, inform, inspire, and partner. The first priority of innovation relies on continuing NASA's 60-plus years of Earth science studied not only from space, but also through airborne research, direct measurements and field campaigns.
"With new missions coming online in 2023 to observe air pollution (TEMPO), Earth's water to help improve climate models (SWOT), and the increasing intensity of storms (TROPICS), NASA-powered observations of our planet are at the core of how we study the effects of climate change," NASA said in a statement.
"This strategy will help NASA integrate our understanding of climate across the agency and in our partnerships to better serve the public," said Kate Calvin, NASA's chief scientist and senior climate advisor.
- 欧美文化:NASA tracks asteroid with small chance hitting Earth in 2046
- 欧美文化:NASA to launch new science mission to space station in March
- 欧美文化:COP28 president-designate highlights need for unity in climate actions
- 欧美文化:Putin proposes revising Russia's strategy for scientific, technological development
- 欧美文化:UN releases 7 mln USD to help 423,000 people impacted by insecurity in Mali
- 欧美文化:NASA's Perseverance rover deposits first sample on Mars
- 欧美文化:U.S. gov't releases new group of JFK assassination documents
- 欧美文化:Disasters displaced over 225 mln in Asia-Pacific in decade due to climate change: ADB report
- 欧美文化:Biden signs Democratic bill on tax, health care, climate
- 欧美文化:Pakistan fully committed to ambitious actions to address climate change