每天背诵 英语背诵
You need to lighten up! 你需要放轻松!
当某人正经八百,或紧张兮兮的时候,你就可以用You need to lighten up! 或 Lighten up!来要对方“放轻松!”
A:We can’t go out for dinner! We have to finish this project!
我们不能出去吃晚餐,我们必须做完这个计划!
B:Lighten up! It’s not due for days! 放轻松!还有好几天才会结束!
A:Our neighbors are drinking and making so much noise! 我们的邻居在喝酒,吵死了!
B:Lighten up! It’s the weekend. They’re just having a little fun!
放轻松!今天是周末!他们只是小小娱乐一下!
You can’t teach an old dog new tricks!
你没办法教老狗玩新把戏。
该句就是“老狗玩不出新把戏”,比喻上了年纪或已经变成老油条的人失去了创新、求变的能力。
Girl: Mom, I was thinking about getting Dad to dress in cooler clothes…
妈,我在想要让爸爸尝试穿着较新潮的衣服…..
Mom: Honey, don’t even try. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
亲爱的,别试了,老狗是玩不出新把戏的。
Go to one’s head (骄傲到)满脑子想的都是……
这个句型的意思是指一个人在获得成功胜利或是某种地位之时,却别这样的优越感冲昏了头,一切的举动都充满了骄傲得到气息。A:Winning the spelling bee has really gone to Brian’s head.
布莱恩在拼字比赛中拿了冠军,让他自觉不可一世。
B:Tell me about it. It’s all he ever talks about.
这还用你说。他成天就只提这回事。