和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 每天英语

正文

每天一诗 英语诗歌

2008-12-10来源:和谐英语

Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay;

那些心头年轻、无忧无虑的日子已离我远去

Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away;

我的伙伴也离开了棉花田

Gone from the earth to a better land I know,

离开这里到一个更好的地方,我知道

I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!"

我听见他们柔声呼唤

(Refrain:) I'm coming, I'm coming, for my head is bending low; “老黑乔!”(反复)

I hear their gentle voices calling, 我来了,我来了,因为我的头渐渐低垂;

"Old Black Joe!" 我听见他们柔声呼唤“老黑乔!”

(2)

Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain?

我为何哭泣,我心并不悲伤?

Why do I sigh that my friends come not again?

我为何要叹息伙伴不复来?

Grieving for forms now departed long ago,

只为怀念早已逝去的人,

I hear their gentle voices calling, 我听见他们柔声呼唤

"Old Black Joe!"“老黑乔!”

(3)

Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free?

昔日快乐无羁的人们,如今安在?

The children so dear that I held upon my knee?

还有,我抱在膝上可爱的小家伙?

Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go,

他们都已到了我灵魂所渴望去的海岸,

I hear their gentle voices calling,我听见他们柔声呼唤

"Old Black Joe!"“老黑乔!”

~~~by Stephen C. Foster, 1826-1864