英语文摘:Mainland urges further resumption of direct cross-Strait flights
BEIJING, Feb. 1 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese mainland has urged Taiwan to further resume direct flights across the Taiwan Strait, according to a mainland spokesperson on Wednesday.
As the COVID-19 situations on the mainland and in Taiwan have both stabilized, it is opportune time to further resume the normal operations of the flights between the two sides, said Zhu Fenglian, spokesperson for the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, citing a correspondence from the mainland's aviation authorities to the Taiwan side.
"We hope that Taiwan can work together with the mainland for the resumption of normal cross-Strait flights," she said, suggesting that the resumption of direct flights to 16 mainland destinations should be prioritized, including south China's city of Guangzhou, based on the requests of Taiwan compatriots.
"We hope Taiwan authorities will make pragmatic and continuous efforts to help resume the normal operations of direct cross-Strait flights, and deliver benefits to compatriots on both sides of the Strait," Zhu said.
- 英语文摘:Xi makes video calls to people across China, extending festive greetings ahead of Year of Rabbi
- 英语文摘:China urges U.S. to view bilateral ties rationally
- 英语文摘:Xi, Benin president exchange congratulations on 50th anniversary of resumption of diplomatic ti
- 英语文摘:China urges smooth transition of COVID-19 response in holiday preparations
- 英语文摘:China's authority requires resumption of public transport
- 英语文摘:Top political advisor urges preparation for first session of 14th CPPCC National Committee
- 英语文摘:Beijing resumes group tours, flights, and hotel services
- 英语文摘:China Focus: Top epidemiologist urges intensified COVID-19 vaccine booster drive
- 英语文摘:Hong Kong's Tseung Kwan O Cross Bay Bridge opens to traffic
- 英语文摘:Chinese mainland reports 4,247 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases