正文
视频商务英语口语Unit17:comparing products and prices(1)
KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped. 
凯特.麦凯纳:“大老板”销售没有我们预计的好。 
We didn' t launch at the right time. 
我们推出产品的时间不太合适。 
I myself don' t think the market was ready for us. 
我本人认为市场还不成熟。 
Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories. 
“商人丹”推出的时间迟,价格又便宜…… 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。 
EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt? 
爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗? 
DON BRADLEY: Sure. 
堂.布拉德利:当然。 
EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart. 
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。 
EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart. 
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。 
KATE MCKENNA: Oh really? 
凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗? 
EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts. 
爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。 
Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise. 
尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。 
Would you prefer to deal with him yourself? 
你要不要亲自处理? 
DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want? 
堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠? 
EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say. 
爱德华.格林:他不肯说。 
But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before. 
但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。 
He loved the product, though. 
不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。 
I think he' s ready to negotiate. 
我认为他是可以沟通的。 
ON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together. 
堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。 
Do you agree? 
你同意吗? 
EDWARD GREEN: Yes! 
爱德华.格林:同意! 
KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop? 
凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗? 
Derek wants to show us his latest idea. 
德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。 
EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later. 
爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。 
DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team. 
堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。 
Come on! 
来吧! 
KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop? 
凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本? 
DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think. 
德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。 
KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive. 
凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。 
DEREK JONES: No, not really. 
德里克.琼斯:不,不会。 
I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs. 
我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。 
See for yourself. 
你们自己看吧。 
KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell. 
凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。 
Who' s the market for this? 
谁是目标市场? 
DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers. 
德里克.琼斯:这比“大老板”还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。 
KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek. 
凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。 
There' s no market focus. 
没有市场焦点。 
Do you remember the Easirite two years ago? 
你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗? 
We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product. 
我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。 
It was great. 
产品很不错。 
Parents and children could both use it. 
家长和孩子们都用。 
But could we sell it? 
但我们有卖动吗? 
No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market. 
没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。 
DEREK JONES: But this is different. 
德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。 
This is more fun than Easirite. 
这个比Easirite还有趣。 
DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts. 
堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。 
DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell. 
德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。 
KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point. 
凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。 
The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong 
活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。 
DEREK JONES: I don' t agree. 
德里克.琼斯:我不同意。 
DON BRADLEY: Let' s just hold on a second and think about this. 
堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。 
Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it. 
德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。 
KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range. 
凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。 
DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate. 
堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。 
This is much more expensive than anything else we market. 
这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。 
KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it. 
凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。 
You must see that yourself, Derek. 
德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。 
DEREK JONES: Well not really... 
德里克.琼斯:也不是…… 
DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think? 
堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样? 
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek? 
爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下? 
Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic? 
你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实? 
DEREK JONES: Exactly. 
德里克.琼斯:一点不错。 
EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant. 
爱德华.格林:太好了。 
On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen. 
从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。 
DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something. 
堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。 
Maybe we ought to have a closer look. 
或许我们该看的得更细些。
 
相关文章
- 视频商务英语口语Unit13:Travelling on business(1)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit12:Business letters and presenting information(1)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit15:Entertaining visitors (1)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit14:Presenting a new product(1)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit16:Complaining about products and services(1)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit19:交货谈判 Negotiating delivery[1]
- 视频商务英语口语Unit18:价格谈判 Negotiating prices(1)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit17:Comparing products and prices (2)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit18:价格谈判 Negotiating prices(2)
- 视频商务英语口语Unit16:Complaining about products and services(2)
 
       
               
               
             手机网站
手机网站